A six-month full immersion programme where students attend state or independent schools in the UK or Republic of Ireland. The students are enrolled at schools and live with approved host families or have the option of boarding if available. We have many carefully selected schools across the country that regularly take our international students, with host families nearby. CHE ‘Intensive English’ orientation course at our head office is included prior to school placement.
CHE also provide a full guardianship service, which includes an experienced local counsellor, backed up by head office Japanese language support. Each student’s academic progress is monitored through regular reports and contact with his or her school.
- Dates/duration: Attendance to a UK school can be from either September or March.
- Country: You can choose from either the UK or Ireland.
- Area: We have previously placed students in over 70 state schools in the UK and Ireland. We have a network of schools throughout the UK and Ireland that have substantial experience in looking after international students.
- Accommodation: Although we specialise in homestay placements, we can also arrange accommodation at school residences.
Requirements for participation in the Long Term Study Programme
- Good academic record with a good level of English
- Good reference from current school
- Motivation to study English in a fully English-speaking environment
- Positive attitude, wanting to take on new challenges in a different culture