Website Cultural Homestay in Europe - CHE
specialising in homestay-based educational study programmes for Japanese school groups and individual students in the United Kingdom
To support our team in all aspects of the creation and delivery of our cultural exchange programmes for Japanese school groups visiting the UK.
This is a very challenging role requiring a dynamic candidate capable of meeting deadlines and multi-tasking within an office environment.
• Interviewing and appointing EFL (English as a Foreign Language) Teachers for our short programmes.
• Preparing teaching materials
• Establishing links and liaising with UK state and independent schools to formulate integration activities and secure long-term programme placements
• Assuming responsibility for the pastoral and educational needs of our long term students
• Planning, organising and delivering short induction courses for long-term students
• Attending regular operation meetings and report to the Programme Director as to the progress of all EFL appointments and teaching arrangements during a group’s stay
• Regularly visiting our study centres by car to conduct lesson observations and where necessary initiate corrective actions to meet programme objectives
• Liaising with team members to ensure programme schedule target dates are maintained
• Highly motivated self-starter, able to work well independently as well as in a team
• A natural forward planner, capable of meeting deadlines with an eye for detail but also able to grasp the big picture
• Mature and comfortable dealing with senior people of all levels
• Well-presented and business-like
• Empathic communicator able to see things from another’s point of view
• A team-player, able to get on well with others
• Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing or unforeseen circumstances
• Must be domestically secure in the UK
• Able to work extended hours if required (rarely)
• MUST be a confident driver with a clean driving license, with experience driving in the UK
Specific Job Skills:
• Able to plan EFL lessons and give effective guidance to EFL teachers if and when needed
• Understand the principles of good customer-care for Japanese clientele
• Understand the UK school system and be comfortable approaching both state and private schools to discuss intercultural integration
• Able to complete multiple tasks
• Must possess the skills to create and deliver presentations when necessary
• Must be adept in use of MS Office applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to intermediate level, Internet and email
• Must be highly organized & pro-active
• Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
• Experience in education would be a big benefit
• Knowledge of Japan and Japanese language would be beneficial but not essential
This role requires you to appoint EFL teachers and work with our office administrator or temporary office staff, so some people-management skills would be highly beneficial.
There is also scope for this role to develop and expand, depending upon a candidate’s experience and abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to Craig@culturalhomestay.com